The region for your success
ChemCoast is a cross-state initiative to strengthen the chemical locations Brunsbüttel, Seelze, Stade, Walsrode and Wilhelmshaven in Northern Germany.
- more than 2,500 hectares of available land qualified for chemical settlements
- direct connections to international marine transport channels by the ports
- best connection to the Baltic Sea by Kiel Canal
- modern railway junctions
- international airports in Hamburg, Hanover and Bremen
- main motorways between Northern and Southern respectively Western and Eastern Europe with its aspiring new markets
- the best feedstock supply by the ports of Bruns-büttel, Stade and Wilhelmshaven
- good energy support by excellent network of gas- and oilpipelines, two nuclear power plants and new power plants planned in Brunsbüttel, Stade and Wilhelmshaven as well as off-shore wind parks
- the best social partnership with Chemical Trade Union IG BCE
- beautiful surrounding areas as the coast site of Northern Sea and Baltic Sea, Suisse of Schleswig-Holstein, Lüneburger Moorland or the low mountain range Harz
- close to Hamburg - one of the most beautiful metropolises with a great cultural offer and the busiest and most successful commercial and container harbour in Germany
- well known school system and excellent universities in Bremen, Brunswick, Göttingen, Hamburg, Hanover, Kiel, Lüneburg and Oldenburg
The chemistry is right in North Germany! Economy and politics have joined forces beyond state borders to form the ChemCoast Initiative, set to strengthen and consolidate the chemical industry in the north of Germany. Sasol’s decision to build an ethylene pipeline from Brunsbüttel to Stade is just one more step into a shared future.